In today’s modern age, it takes a lot more than a good location and spectacular products to guarantee a business’s success. A solid and secure IT infrastructure is vital especially when cyber criminals target your organization. Enter ransomware, a particular type of malware that greatly limits or prohibits system access. When it does this, all your sensitive data is held hostage and a handsome fee must be paid to the perpetrator to unlock your files.
These perpetrators utilize specific online payment methods as a way for you to pay the ransom. What’s even more troublesome is that once the payment is made, the safety of your files aren’t guaranteed. As the old saying goes, ‘prevention is better than a cure’, so here are some simple precautionary measures you can take on a daily basis to ensure enhanced data security:
- Always look at who the email sender is and if anything looks suspicious, it’s best not to open the email (both business and personal) until the identity has been verified.
- Double check the content of the message to spot any factual inconsistencies or difference in tone which hints that the sender might not be who they claim to be.
- Avoid clicking on email links- visiting the site mentioned directly is much safer.
- Regularly upgrade your installed software to help strengthen security against many attacks.
- Backup your important data – e.g. use the 3-2-1 principle – make three copies, on two different medias, at one separate location.
It’s indisputable that prevention merely delays the inevitable, meaning a good defense must be coupled with an equal offense. That’s where we come in. Ransomware Prevention and Removal solutions from SMB Integrations help establish the first and second lines of defense against cyber threats. We help organizations of all sizes in and around Bellaire, TX remove Ransomware and then help you prevent it from infecting your computers again.
How does SMB Integrations’s Ransomware Removal work?
- Detection – ransomware coded Trojan:W32/Reveton, Trojan:W32/Ransom and Trojan:W32/Urausy variants are located and removed immediately.
- Analysis – based on the scale of the infection along with other variables in consideration, we establish the most effective removal strategy to use.
- Removal – we offer both automatic and manual removal processes, depending on what type of ransomware it is.