How SMB Technologies Helps Houston Businesses Bridge the IT Skills Gap
SMB Integrations can help your Houston area company invest in practical tools and automate your day-to-day processes. Contact us today to set up an initial assessment and to get a feel for our service offering.
One of the constants in IT is that things change at a rapid-fire pace. Whether it’s compliance requirements or cyber threats, your company needs to partner with a managed service provider who can keep up with new opportunities and threats. SMB integrations help clients bridge the IT skills gap in a number of ways.
“Simply put, SMBs must look for ways to both meet their current IT needs and address how they will take advantage of emerging technologies that transform business performance,” according to Logically.com.
How, then, should you work to address the skills gap?
The IT skills gap refers to two main issues:
- There’s a shortage of IT talent with the specific tools required by new technologies, such as cybersecurity and mobile use
- Small businesses can’t afford multiple resources
If you need help to make the transition from current methods of operation to newer technology, we can help.
Why is the IT Skills Gap So Wide?
There are several factors contributing to the IT skill gap, including the following trends:
- New Technologies – Information Technology is developing at break-neck speed and mobility, security and cloud-computing now drive SMB growth. SMBs are struggling to catch up.
- Complexity – With complicated solutions, it’s impossible for a single resource to meet all the needs of your business, from day-to-day operations to innovation such as enhanced security features.
- Certification vs Expertise – Your IT team may be certified for certain functions, but that’s not the same thing as hiring a managed service provider, such as SMB Integrations to take care of all your IT needs for a monthly flat fee.
- Budget – SMBs need an outsourced company that works within their budget constraints and for a consistent cost. Many managed service providers offer a per user or monthly fee for predictable budget and forecast expenses.
How Does SMB Technologies Deal with the Skills Gap?
In order to deal with the skills gap without inflating your monthly costs, you may try hiring a consultant for ad hoc services. The problem is that they are still going to have a limited knowledge base. When you work with us, we send a seasoned resource with experience using the technology needed to keep your system up to date.
Our core competency is IT and IT infrastructure that helps you close the IT skills gap.
What Should You Look for in an MSP?
Here are the most relevant areas to ask about when vetting out an MSP for your company:
- Security Risk Expertise – Find an MSP with resources in cybersecurity that also understand data privacy. SMB Integrations leverages endpoint detection and response as well as Security Information Event Management (SIEM) to lock now your important data.
- Leverage New Technology – You need a managed service provider that has worked with many other companies to migrate to the cloud, manage mobile devices and much more.
- Simplify IT Processes – The right IT company should always look for new ways to streamline your business operations and provide regular feedback on best practices that keep you up to date with competitors.
SMB Integrations can help your Houston area company invest in practical tools and automate your day-to-day processes. Contact us today to set up an initial assessment and to get a feel for our service offering. Get tailored solutions from seasoned IT consultants for a single monthly fee and bridge the skills gap for your organization.