Small businesses need technology solutions that are reliable, affordable and easily managed. That’s why many Houston area and Harris County TX businesses look to partner with a small business IT service company.
Partnering with an IT company for small business lets you focus on core business needs while a technology partner oversees the day-to-day tech functions.
If you’re in the market for an IT services provider, here are a few questions you should ask.
What Does A Houston- Area IT Services Provider Offer?
Understand what an IT company can offer your Katy TX small business. Look for an IT company that will focus on understanding your unique business needs, opportunities and challenges, then develop a customized plan, not a cookie-cutter solution.
Here are some of the main things you should expect from an IT services company:
- Cost Savings. Many small businesses have tight payrolls. With an IT services company partner, your Pasadena TX business won’t have to hire its own IT staff or pay costly consultants. Most managed services are covered by a predictable monthly fee.
- Peace of Mind. With the right IT services company monitoring and protecting your networks, devices and users, you’ll know your Harris County company is covered at all levels. When issues arise, your IT services provider can contain and resolve them before they become bigger problems.
- Optimization. Your IT company should offer an assessment of your Spring TX small business technology, including infrastructure, networks, hardware and software. The company should then recommend solutions that help you get the most out of your technology investment.
What Does A Great Houston IT Consulting Company Look Like?
You want comprehensive support for your unique Pearland TX small business needs. If you’re considering a cloud migration, need to manage data, hardware or operating systems better, or need someone to manage upcoming IT projects, let our consultants help you improve productivity and efficiency throughout your organization.
What Types of Plans Are Available?
IT services companies offer a range of support plans. Here is a look at the most common types:
- Managed IT. Managed services solutions provide your business with remote management of your hardware, software, and wired and wireless networks, Managed IT also includes remote help desk support for users and system monitoring, along with hardware and software updates and patches. Contracted services are delivered at a flat monthly rate.
- On-demand IT. With on-demand IT, your company can contract for as-needed repairs, maintenance and help desk support. On-demand solutions are typically more expensive in the long run as they are delivered on a case-by-case basis.
- Supplemental IT. If you need a third-party IT company to complement your in-house staff, some providers offer project management, advisory and assessment services to work in tandem with your IT staff.
- Fully Outsourced IT. In this model, your company outsources its entire IT stack, including infrastructure, help desk, monitoring, purchasing and upgrading, to an IT services provider.
Most Houston TX businesses choose a managed IT option as it provides comprehensive services at a predictable cost.
Who Will Work On My Account?
You want consistency when it comes to your IT services provider. Make sure that there will be dedicated staff, including an account manager and help desk coordinator who will know the ins and outs of your company and will be a reliable partner. If you and your staff are constantly dealing with different staff members, it can be frustrating and slow down progress.
How Do I Keep Systems and Data Secure?
IT security is a top-of-mind issue for many business leaders. If your data, systems or proprietary information are exposed to hackers, the results can be devastating, both to your finances and reputation.
Ask about the types of security services a potential IT services provider offers. At a minimum, these services should include:
- Network Perimeter Security. Next-generation firewall services keep your systems secure by monitoring traffic 24/7 and issuing alerts if suspicious activity is detected.
- Device Security. Anti-virus, anti-phishing and anti-spam programs should be installed on all devices using your network. You also want a solution that will automatically update and scan for unwanted activity. Often, an IT company will offer employee awareness training to help workers understand how attacks occur and what they can do to prevent them.
- Monitoring. System monitoring is critically important. Monitoring solutions can detect issues, contain them and dispose of the threat before it causes major issues like system hijacking or data extraction.
Who Provides IT Services Near Me?
SMB Integrations offers IT solutions for small businesses in Pasadena TX, Houston and throughout Harris County.
Our services include network infrastructure design and optimization, data and application hosting, and comprehensive security.
At SMB Integrations, we work to understand your unique business IT needs and recommend solutions that will improve your technology. We then develop and deploy solutions designed to save you money, improve productivity, and drive business results. Let us focus on the technology so you can concentrate on your business. To learn more, contact us today for a free consultation.